Saturday, February 2, 2013

Reminders

I find myself in almost the same boat health wise as I was last year at this time: sick. I have been doing nothing in an effort to try and get better. And also because I just have no energy, for much of anything. 

What does seem to have energy is my brain ~ although that could be fueled by the prednisone I'm taking, which speeds up everything for me. Nevertheless, I have been actively ruminating on many things, hence the "reminders" title of this post.

I keep forgetting how much I truly take for granted the little things, like climbing up the stairs with the laundry. Or puttering around the house, or being as mobile as I want to be.

It is daunting to ask for help, and my parents have been especially helpful this latest go-round. Shuttling the boys to and from the bus stop, getting my groceries in for me.

I think maybe my title should have been "thankfulness" instead; as I was thinking I realized how fortunate and blessed I am. I have a warm, cozy home to rest in. I have family and friends that love me and help me. I have two spirited, amazing boys that make everything fun.

Honestly, a bout of pneumonia every year I could really do without ~ but I am thankful for the time to rest, the time to reflect, and the time to just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment