Sunday, December 23, 2012

Peaceful Days

I just love Christmas vacation ~ it stretches almost as endlessly as summer vacation. I don't know who was more excited this year, me or my two boys. We have been doing the minimum so far (only on day 2), and spending more time in our pjs than dressed. Our meal times are more relaxed, not at a specific hour, and overall we are nestled into our home for the holiday.

After we got back from doing the last bit of errands today, my oldest happily informed me "We can stay in pajamas until we go visit Nana and Grandpa tomorrow!" One of our traditions is going to my in-law's house for Christmas Eve dinner and gifts.

Until then, the world is within these walls. I am enjoying searching and reading blogs online, getting ideas for projects and recycling.

I am very pleased to report I did not charge presents this year, and in fact will have no credit card bill going into January. With the financial cliff looming (and my salary being very minimal), I am thankful the debt I do have (mortgage) is not cumbersome right now. I add the proviso right now, because circumstances usually fluctuate.

This season, I am considering what we have to be thankful for: family to love us, a roof over our heads, food in our bellies, and heat and light. Every day we can wake up in a land of freedom,  with the future stretching before us, full of possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment