Sunday, December 9, 2012

December Musing

I read an interesting quote "If you don't ask for what you want you won't get it." I would change this to reflect my view "Know what you want and don't be afraid to achieve it." What I desire is peace and happiness and harmony. I have worked hard to get to where I am right now. This past year, I have readjusted many things in my life. My new normal, health wise, is much changed from last year. I am ok with that, I am learning to take it slow and elect for quality over quantity in exercise.

I have revamped my to do lists. My routine is to write a list the night before of what absolutely needs to get done for the next day. Most times, there are a couple of priorities with a few "it would be nice to get these crossed off the list." I don't stress about getting everything done; what doesn't get done gets moved to the next day's list. I am taking time to just be and play with my boys and talk with them. If I don't vacuum for a bit, meh, that will always be waiting.

I am making more time to just sit and dream. I've realized I stopped doing a lot of that.

I am making time to just enjoy, moment to moment, each crystalline facet of my day. From the time I wake up to the time I rest my head, there are glittering seconds to be treasured.

For that, I am most thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment